Blues Heritage Song Contest
June 10:th, 2006
Backas Manor, City of Vantaa, Finland
Organized by Vantaa Jazz Heritage Association, Finland
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Compo10.com together with Vantaa Jazz Heritage Association organizes a blues song writing contest based on traditional blues heritage.
2. The first part of the contest is organized on the internet during 6 weeks from the 20th of March to the 30th of April. This part of the contest will be organized on www.artistlaunch.com. The songs included in the weekly song contest will be featured on an internet radiostation on this site. A 24kbs LoFi version of this show will also be available as podcasts on Artistlaunch, Yahoo, iTunes etc.
3. All songs including lyrics
must be originals (each participant can submit only one song!!!! and the songs
can no longer than 6 minutes). They must be available by the 6th of March online
( internet addresses must be submitted to Compo10.com by the above mentioned
deadline date ) or by mail to:
Taurus Music Oy Ltd,
On envelope must read: BLUES 2006
Please also include a high quality photo, (for example a 4MB picture jpeg-packed into about 400Kb) and a short bio.
4. A local Jury consisting of music professionals will select out of the received entries 60 compositions + lyrics to be participating in 6 weekly competitions ( ten each week )!
5. The winner of each week will be invited to participate in the finals in Vantaa, Finland on the 10th of June, 2006.
6. The Organizers will cover the accommodation for one person in Finland during June 9:th - June 11:th, 2006.
7. The Organizers will also cover half of the travel costs, round trip on economy class on international flights for one person, however up to 500 US Dollars. All flights must be booked by the Organizers.
8. The works accepted to participate in the weekly finals will be announced no later than March 13:th, 2006.
9. The Jury will award a grand prize of USD 3,000 to the winner of the finals in Finland.
10. The finalists will be performing two songs live in the finals, one is the winning song from the weekly contest and the other one can be selected from the participants own blues repertoire - this song also has to be an original song by the participant.
11. The final's house band
is Wentus Blues Band, which will perform the songs together with the contestant.
www.wentusbluesband.com . All musical materials to Wentus Blues Band to be able to perform the songs must be delivered by the 15th of May, 2006 to the above mentioned Taurus Music Oy Ltd's address or by e-mail directly to the band's e-mail address to be announced later! Rehearsals will take place at the Venue on the 10th of June, 2006 starting at noon.
12. The decision of the winner at the finals will be made by a Grand Jury consisting of music professionals i.e. musicians, record company A&R Managers, media, Organizers etc .
13. Compo10 and the Vantaa Jazz Heritage Association are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, misappropriated, postage due, or stolen entries.
14. The winners will be
notified by mail and must sign and return an affidavit (An affidavit is a formal
sworn statement of fact, written down, signed, and witnessed, as to the veracity
of the signature. The name is Medieval Latin for he has declared upon
oath. ) of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days
of notification date. The affidavit will state that winner's song is original
work and he/she holds all rights to the song. Failure to sign and return such
affidavit within 14 days or provision of false/inaccurate information therein
will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
Affidavits of winners under 18 years of age at time of award must be countersigned
by parent or legal guardian. The affidavits can be
faxed to: 358-9-2977036,
Taurus Music Oy Ltd
or scanned and e-mailed as an attachment to email@example.com
15. Winners will be announced in the beginning of May 2006, after which a complete list of winners will be posted online at www.compo10.com
16. Sharing of the prizes among co-writers is the responsibility of winners; the prizes will be awarded to name on the entry form. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
17. The contestant's submission of an entry into the contest constitutes his/her agreement to release, indemnify and hold harmless compo10.com, Vantaa Jazz Heritage Association and its agents and possible TV Networks from and against any claim, including, without limitation, of copyright infringement or other misappropriation, arising from any acts or omissions in connection with the contest or its operation. All Contestants must sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of eventual Broadcasting System (webcasts, radio or TV) and from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this promotion or the use or acceptance of the prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for the prizes; and except where prohibited, a promotional release granting the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes by compo10.com and Backasjazz, without additional compensation. Entry into this Contest constitutes Contestant's agreement to sign such releases. Please make sure you have a travel insurance that cover health issues, illness, cancellation of flights and theft.
18. The competition organizers
have unlimited rights to broadcast and record, videotape, televise, film or
photograph the competition events and the Prize winners' Concert, and to make
audio or visual recordings of them, without any payment to the competitors or
prize-winners. Proceeds from any commercial compilation
CD:s manufactured including the finalists will be shared between the artists
pro rata. The organizers reserv the rights to manufacture for promotional use
only compilation CD:s including the finalists free of charge.
The Organizers reserve the right to book other performances for the Contestants if so agreed by both parties. All bookings and fees have to be approved by the Contestant.
19. The performance order will be decided by the Organizers after having heard the finalist songs.
All inquiries preferably by e-mail
Questions regarding the
festival should be addressed to Antero Päiväläinen firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding the internet contest should be addressed to Eva Grönblad